Get your daily, bite-sized digest of cryptoasset and blockchain-related news – investigating the stories flying under the radar of today’s crypto news.
- Mike Novogratz’s Galaxy Digital has a $76.8 million exposure to FTX, of which $47.5 million is currently “in the withdrawal process,” the company said in its third-quarter earnings report. Also, effective mid-January 2023, Damien Vanderwilt will step down from his role as Co-President at the Company and will be named a Senior Advisor to Galaxy and join the Company’s Board of Directors.
- Singapore government-owned investment firm Temasek said it’s monitoring the situation with crypto exchange FTX, one of its investments. “We are aware of the developments between FTX and Binance, and are engaging FTX in our capacity as shareholder,” Temasek told Reuters.
- Tether CTO Paolo Ardoino said the stablecoin issuer has no exposure to crypto exchange FTX or its parent company Alameda Research. Ardoino tweeted the statement, adding: “0. Null. Maybe is time to look elsewhere. Sorry guys. Try again.”
- Copper.co, a provider of institutional digital asset custody and trading solutions, announced that it has $500m of insurance for digital assets in cold storage. Cover has been arranged by global professional services firm Aon, using a panel of insurers led by Canopius, a global specialty (re)insurer and Lloyd’s of London syndicate, said a press release.
- Financial technology company Ramp has closed its $70m series B funding round, co-led by Mubadala Capital and Korelya Capital. According to an announcement, this brings the total raised by Ramp to over $120m over the past year. Ramp plans to use the funding to invest further into its product line, add local fiat currencies and payment methods, expand into new territories, and continue to hire.
- Non-custodial bitcoin (BTC) trading platform Hodl Hodl is now available as a trading option in SatoshiLab’s hardware wallet, Trezor, and accompanying coin management app, Trezor Suite. The integration has been enabled by Invity, the crypto exchange comparison tool inside the Trezor wallet, and will strengthen privacy in peer-to-peer bitcoin transactions from within the Trezor ecosystem, said an announcement.
- Trading service provider Globale Invest said it integrated a crypto funding option into its offered payments index. According to the press release, the users are now able to fund their accounts with digital assets.
- Bitget launched a social trading feature called Strategy Plaza, which provides users with the option to follow a series of automated trading strategies. Per the announcement, strategists can create their unique automated trading strategies and share them on Strategy Plaza, and regular users can subscribe to strategists, after which the trading strategies will be automatically executed for the users over the following 30 days.
- The IOTA Foundation said that it partnered with Crypto Finance Group, which is part of Deutsche Börse Group, to support the Shimmer network token. Per the announcement, Crypto Finance Group is the first prudentially regulated custody and brokerage provider supporting SMR, the native token of Shimmer, the official L1 staging and validation network of the IOTA protocol.
- Kim Kardashian, Floyd Mayweather Jr., and Paul Pierce won a tentative court ruling dismissing a lawsuit accusing the celebrities of scamming investors in EthereumMax, Bloomberg reported.
This news is republished from another source. You can check the original article here